Sunday, November 6, 2016

Never Thought About It

My dad died of cancer at forty-two; I never thought I’d out live that. I never thought I’d be forced to retire at the high of a Great Recession. Kirt died over three years ago and I never thought about life without him.
Rain clouds are coming and I’m sitting here wondering what else I never thought about. Imagine what an awesome list that is. If I were still sane, I’d want to kick the bucket.
Thinking, planning, striving for goals challenged my life; some days were diamonds, some days were stone to quote a John Denver song. Bad days only required a plan and then good days come. Back then I tried to think everything through. I tired myself out with that shit.
Despite all the things I’ve thought about I’m living in a world I’ve never thought about or imagined.

Fuck it, I’m going to hear some fine jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment