Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Honey

Good morning, my Honey, happy birthday!
Wherever you are, I hope you have both legs, all toes, and no backaches.
Remember, the year I bought you Tyr, our beautiful Rottweiler, the one that turned out to be my dog. I always had so much fun buying stuff for you on your birthday. The look on your face gave me great joy, my Honey.
After a lifetime shared with you, going it alone tends to be a bittersweet journey. Since this birthday fell on a Monday, I celebrated for us last night listening to music at the place that gives the trail rides.



The same couples, we watched bumping and grinding on the dance floor, were getting it on. A young woman looking like Latina Jessica Rabbit danced with a handsome, muscular guy, who had moves of his own. They won hot couple of the evening.
A spunky little woman from North Carolina danced with me. We won in the category of not a clue of how to dance salsa, but wiggling anyway. The merriment climaxed in a fish feast.
I enjoyed your birthday, which I will celebrate always. Thank your ma for the gift she gave me. Tell her I said she was right; I was wrong. She’ll know what I mean. Today I have the chores and errands of everyday life at my heels.
Dancing Ford Pick Up




My gift to you this year is that I can feel the ups and downs again; not just the flat line of death.
Happy birthday, my love, be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment