Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sexism, Company Policy, or Lone Jerk

How do you handle it, when you buy new tires, you tell the counterman to put the news ones on the front and move the front tires to the rear, and they put your new tires on the rear?
I went back in the store. Mistakes happen, it would take no more than twenty minutes to rotate the tires. I told the counterman the tires should have been put on the front as per the work order in my hand.
Instead of an apology or we’ll take care of it for you, guess what he said. No, not you’ll have to come back tomorrow. I could have lived with that answer. This disrespectful old son looked me in the eye and said,
“It is company policy at Name Brand Auto Parts to put new tires on the rear.”
I point to the work order instructing them to put the front tires on the rear and the new tires on the front.
“I want my new tires on the front.”
He says, “Company policy.”
He walked away, dismissing me.
End of subject, you got the tires on the rear and that’s it; like it or not.
In the forty plus years I've shopped tires for my husband, a truck driver with four million accident free miles to his credit, I've never heard such crap. If you say put these tires I’m buying on the front; they go on the front.
The counterman even tried to justify putting the ones on the rear because the front wears them out more.
I looked at him incredulously; that’s why you want your new tires on the front. That he would attempt to promote this mistake by suggesting putting the new ones on the back would save them, made my jaw drop.
Hello, I buy better grade tires for my safety. My husband taught me to ALWAYS put the new rubber in the front. This isn't my first pit stop.
What could Name Brand Auto, what would they be thinking to have such a policy?
This is so ridiculous; I knew he was lying as it belched out of his mouth. How much closer can a vendor come to saying, FUCK YOU?
And, I didn't get my tires where they need to be. So into my busy day is another visit to the auto parts store, to get what I paid for.
I am annoyed, inconvenienced, insulted beyond measure; and I wonder, if this is one jerk or a corporate culture of not respecting their women customers.
What do you think? I’ll let you know after I meet the manager.


No comments:

Post a Comment