Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tripping Down the Path to Contentment

Finding the path from sadness and depression to contentment, that’s so hard. On days when I have something to do I’m good. There’s no more crying during the party for me; tears are brief and more bitter-sweet.
Convincing myself to enjoy the rich texture that is my life because Kirt shared it with me works, when I take the time to remind myself.   Lost in the abyss of alone comes easy.
When I’m with other people, even if the connection is minimal, I feel better than alone. Frequently relief and tranquility greet me at the door after a dose of strangers, but being alone requires self stimulation; what do I do with me?
When Kirt would praise the beautiful flowers surrounding us on our porch, I felt so sweet to please him. I loved doing things for him, with him. Our relationship could be described as dynamic, but there was always love; sometimes more, or not, dynamic.

I am so blessed to have had the ups and downs of love in my life. Perhaps, if I loved myself as much as my husband did, well, who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment