Thursday, July 14, 2016

I Remember You

Happiness, a college course, has helped me overcome my sadness. I do things for others, both human and canine; I release endorphin at the gym three or four times a week. My participation in shopping therapy causes excitement in big box stores on Puerto Rico. Managers of local movie theaters smile and nod to me; music under the stars on a lush tropical island is mine to enjoy each month. My next vacation is currently under construction. What is wrong with me that I hurt so badly?
My whole life I’ve been a hard worker. Now, at this ripe age I don’t want to work anymore. Anyone who knows that if you want something, you must make it happen, knows you don’t want to be depressed!
Nobody wants to be depressed, but I’m one of the people who actively endeavor to be better. I try so hard, I’m tired of trying.
To lose the great love of your life pokes a hole in your heart. For some it’s a mortal wound; I’m a survivor, but just barely.
To a battered pup love and kindness means salvation. With him in my life, I blossomed in more ways than one. He appreciated me, wanted to be with me above all else; how can I live without his love?
My darling,
 Clure Kirt Carr, died July 14, 2013 




No comments:

Post a Comment