Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's the Little Things

How freaking petty can you get? It was just a bottle of Perrier. Why did that piss you off so much? It wasn't as if she asked for your last bottle of San Pellegrino.
When you were working, you would have gladly given a friend the last bottle of whatever in your fridge without a second thought. You’re ordinarily generous to a fault; why get so uptight about someone coming in your house, opening your fridge and asking for the not last bottle of your best water?
Money’s tight, living on a budget takes discipline. You went to San Juan spending money like a drunk, so it’s your fault you were down to the last three bottles of mineral water for the month.  
You’re not letting this go; why? It was only a bottle of water. You make spritzers with the mineral water and juice when friends visit. Why is this different? Don’t you think you’re making something out of nothing?
Yeah, this is a stupid little shit nothing. Granted mineral water is expensive at twenty bucks a case, but you serve it to your friends all the time. What’s so different?
Being on a fixed income I offer my guests the best I have when I have a full supply or can afford more. Sometimes I offer mineral water; that’s a flush month. When times are tight, I offer the filtered water I drink when I’m home. Had I not been occupied with another friend; I would have offered her a glass of my filtered water because finances are crap for me at the moment.

So am I really being crabby about my lack of handling my finances better? 
Kirt would have told me to open up my mouth and tell her to have some filtered or regular bottled water that I was running low. What was wrong with me that I didn't do that? His feedback kept my head on straight; what am I going to do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment