Friday, August 19, 2016

Just a Little Romance

A little flirtation will tingle the taste buds of any breathing adult human being; I am no exception, but where do you find an interesting man? Witty and charming at Sam’s Club is out of the question; don’t get me wrong in the long lines I will shoot the shit with anyone willing to speak. 
Less than twenty per cent of my time is spent with people and half of that is in the gym working out. The idea of a conversation with a man who might also find me interesting tantalizes.
To look into a man’s eyes again, to see the glimmer that says, I’m so happy you are here; that would make me absolutely giddy.  I have zero aspirations for a happily ever after event.
Listening to a man drone on about himself for hours was tedious when I was young and hadn’t heard anything yet. Forget that, when a guy is cool he should be with a woman he finds interesting. If he doesn’t ask you questions, he’s not really interested in you. I knew that, when I was young, but didn’t have much to say, so I listened. Now, I’m a mature woman with my own great stories.
A man, who cuts off my story, when it’s my turn to talk, is dead to me. No, it’s worse than that; I can be down right shitty.
On an island where there are seventeen women for every man, women are very competitive.  Once you get the hang of alone, it’s pretty cool; that’s me.
The sound of a man’s voice in the night makes so much feel all right. Hearing a man tell me about flowers in a tree he sat under at lunch or the way the light landed on a church’s stain glass windows makes my woman feelings flutter. That’s the romance I could possibly handle. Remember that zero aspirations for happily ever after; the talking on the phone stuff must come first.
Being a huge fan of the internet, I signed up on a senior dating service for mature people. A lover man was the first to respond; he NEEDED a good woman, honest and true. Poor fellow, it's an ad in to replace his late wife.
The next response sported the man’s picture, not of his face, but his ass with jockey shorts pulled between saggy cheeks, proving once again that older doesn’t really mean mature.  Don’t you just wonder what kind of woman would respond to a man showing her his ass as an introduction?
Bio’s for the men tell me many want a new wife, like the last one, or maybe not quite. When men are looking for forever, they’re not looking at the woman; they’re looking for an archetype. That’s way too impersonal for me.
Who wants forever? I don’t know if we’re going to be friends by the end coffee, let alone dinner. The guy, who wants the forever woman, does not want me; remember the movie, Stepford Wives? Ha-hhah!
Romance, the flirting, a man with real stories could curl my toes. That sounds like good fun.
The man who tells his whole history in the first letter or two makes me feel I’ve stepped into forced intimacy and in three more letters we’ll be married; how soon can you come?
Do you answer questions? A guy who tells you his story without regard to your questions uses form letters; I’d bet on it.

Romance for me, I doubt it; it was fun to think about, but no. There is so much beauty to be explored, so much to see and do; I’ll have no trouble sublimating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment