Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Say One Hundred Times

Whatever you do, don’t piss your friends off; remember, don’t be so stupid. Will I ever learn? Being direct to a fault has many disadvantages; how can I stop myself? God forbid you ask my opinion because, by God, you’re going to get it. Diplomacy, finesse, I’m certainly old enough to have acquired a modicum, but I’ll tell you I haven’t seen it lately. My intentions are good, they’re always good, but, poop, it’s about the results.
Oh, to have the measured reaction of my aunt and I don’t mean her sister, my favorite aunt. Before her lips move her eyes reveal a thoughtful mind working. Her sentence begins, well, baby, and then diplomatically you hear her honest opinion. Her sister and I adhere to a more tell it like it is policy. Thought frequently doesn’t slow a word.
To compound problems I have a proclivity to organization which encourages adherence to a schedule. There isn’t much of anything happening in my life at the moment, but Zumba, shopping, dog tasks are plotted out, leaving time for more if I didn’t just screw off so much.
With friends who take the way roundabout route circling the point and mostly never landing, my mind hurts. Simple question, should I do this or should I do that, yes or no, must have a setup so I’ll understand and maybe I’ll think this because in their opinion I don’t understand what I’m thinking. Meanwhile nobody settles on a course of action, stalled. I’m not stating my opinion of that behavior stratagem.  
Oh, yeah, why didn’t I think of that? What were we talking about? This makes me nuts; not in a good way.
Some of my very best friends do this; can you see the conflict? I don’t want to lose my friends, the differences in our behavioral styles are but a facet our relationships. I have fantastic friends, win-win all the way.

Working on me this year, that’s the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment