Sunday, May 11, 2014

Forty-Four Weeks of Enternity

Forty-four weeks ago you died
Relief from suffering you finally had
Forty-four weeks ago I cried
My Darling, I still can’t say, “Good bye”
Your husband is in glory they tell me
Or so they try
I want to believe their story
After our ups and downs, I’d like to meet you in glory.
For forty-four years ours was a love story
Life’s adventure, our great venture
Dosed daily with grind and grand
Life with you never bland
We hugged and kissed our way through it

Despite all your pain sweet kindness you gave
Lost in loneliness, I’m not brave
My purpose, why God left me behind
I don’t understand the design
You’re in glory and not pain, I’m glad
Learning to love and trust in the divine
I won’t be so sad
I love you, miss you and still wanna kiss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment