Saturday, October 15, 2016

Moments, Precious or Not

Precious moments or not so precious moments make up our lives. I’m working hard to make more of my moments precious.
So much crap comes into each day.  Whether it’s the power went off or the loss of your BFF, it’s the bitch of the day or proof of life.
What really kills me is that at this age the odds of my demise keep going up. Who thinks much of life ending in the twenties? Okay, the depressed will.
My mom is ninety-three and counting, so I may have a longevity gene, but my dad died at forty-two. If I live until my mom’s age, that gives me about twenty-five more years.
My first twenty-five years came and went in a flash. I’ve met people more messed up by childhood, but then I sure could hold my own. If they wanted crazy, I’d show them.
Blessed are people who are interested in anyone other than themselves. Without the few adults who noticed and liked me, my childhood would have been unbearable. To those people I credit my desire to do well, and please.
So at sixty-eight and counting, I hope to focus on this being the best year I can imagine.  Days I’m out, experiencing my beautiful island, you can believe that day pleases me. The hardest days of my grief, thankfully have been endured. My question is no longer, how can I go on without my husband, but how can I best go from here.
Hope for today, hope for the future relinquished due to age appalls me. I require a new skill to adjust my expectations to what I can do. How do I challenge what’s possible?
It’s the time of year to list my goals for 2017. Just thinking about it gives me a precious moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment