Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Reset

In your life have you ever hit the reset button? I’m not talking about walking out on spouse and kids mega reset. Sometimes I get to the point I quit; it doesn’t matter how long I’ve been doing whatever, when it’s over. That’s a little reset.
Some people become something when they graduate; they do that their entire lives. Others explore more options, resetting our image to reflect new interests.
Some resets you want; you pray for them to happen, but hurricane, recession, accident, anything can reset your life.
After three years of living in the twilight land of I give a shit, caring, hoping, and wanting, welcome; haven’t seen you in a long time.
“Are you ever satisfied,” my husband occasionally asked, as I careened from one goal after another. My productive years of being, doing, and giving gave me an action adventure. I could have done differently, but wouldn’t. “Yeah, Honey, I’m satisfied.”
Retirement, alone is a reset different from what I had in mind. I saw myself pushing his wheelchair all over the world.
Sixty-eight seems late to hit the reset; what are my options?









No comments:

Post a Comment