Saturday, October 22, 2016

Go and Do or Sit and Talk

Go and do versus sit and talk, or sit and watch TV; have you noticed how much of each you do?
 No TV in my house, so I substitute sitting online dreaming about travel. The planning stage of checking prices throws out nuggets of info on things I couldn’t have imagined. Be still my heart!
Sit and talk with interesting friends; can you envision a better evening? I can spend time sitting!
It’s the going and doing that forces me to buck up and get off my ass. And that ain’t easy!
Did I mention that DVD movies and excellent TV programs provide my entertainment, during which I’m more prone? I’m so lazy; it’s scary.
If I did what I felt like doing, sitting and whatever, I wouldn’t be able to walk. The arthritis in my back and knees wouldn’t allow it.
I tell my mother that I go to the gym and about the young men, who flex in the mirror after every rep. I prefer to talk in a positive vein, so when I finally told my mother that I hated going to the gym, she laughed. Ha-hah!
The good news is that after much repetition I now need to force myself to limit hard workouts to four days a week. There’s a Zen moment when you exercise that feels so good; it’s positively addicting. If you have any idea of the pain it takes to get there, your head is still nodding when I say it’s worth the trip.
My go and do’s can be quite corrupted; a night of wiggling through a food festival swinging to salsa has become instead nocturnal  wandering aisles of Wal-Mart for any number of stupid reasons. On such a night I found the Tudors, DVD. Winner!

Now that I’m getting better at being alone, I need to get better at limiting my sit ands.. Ugh!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment