Sunday, December 15, 2013

Love and Lonliness

Love’s playful spark permeated Sato Hill. Four days of my friend and her sweetheart, the ever handy Jamie, who sealed my roof and did a myriad of honey do’s, went well despite the things that went wrong.
Tying down the items required to do the job might have been at tad less problematic. Budding romance energy in my home of mourning made me feel unbalanced; it tired me. My regular cries took on melancholy, I could howl like a sad and lonely wolf, but didn’t; my happy friends blew kisses to each other and shared knowing glances. New love, part of me enjoyed seeing my friend in that honeymoon phase. The rest of me just ached to have my love back; who made his list, went to the store before starting a job, and rarely had to go back. I miss that. I miss my honey.  
My friend in love to distraction left her clothes at home first trip to my house, the second trip she left a green bag of food on her carport. Watching her made me giggle like a school girl, so it’s all good. Her guy with sparkling personality sang to her, they flirted with each other. I liked the positive energy even if I felt out of sync with it.
On Saturday I shared my best face mask with the divine Ms. M it was like a spa day, until she answered the door in her green mud pack; how mortified she was to be seen like this. Why am I smiling?
My dear friend helped me so much, she’s an angel. Jamie did a very big job. He cleaned up one mighty mess. Maintenance of cement roofs in the tropics is essential for health, mine was overdue.
I’m blessed with wonderful people in my life; thank God for so many gifts. I’m scared and feel unworthy. My head hurts from input overload. My darling isn’t coming back; that seems so wrong. It’s a good thing that personal tragedy doesn’t throw the earth off its axis.  


No comments:

Post a Comment